The renowned Longchamp Racecourse in Paris, now called ParisLongchamp, opened on 29th April, after a period of extensive refurbishment works, which included the participation of Bysteel, a dstgroup company.
Bysteel was in charge of building all the metal structures and facade systems in aluminum and glass and took over the construction of the "Tribune du Jockey", the main architectural renovation of this place, which was established in 1857 by Napoleon III. The mainstand is 160 meters long and 23 meters high, with a "slant inspired by the galloping movement of a thoroughbred horse" as revealed by Dominique Perrault, architect in charge of reforming the gallery.
The "Tribune du Jockey" is able to accommodate up to 10,000 people and has four stories, escalators, 75 dressing rooms and a restaurant on the top floor, open on race days or special events on a large cantilever. One of the stories offers a 360-degree view of the entire facility.
Worth in over six million euros, the execution of this project by Bysteel also included connections design, supply and assembly of the metal structure, composite slab, aluminum and glass facades.
The race course, which hosted the "Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe” for over 150 years - the most famous horse race in Europe - closed in 2015 for major renovation works and will host next October, this year’s edition of the prestigious horse race.
The famous race course in the French capital has a construction area of 20,000 square meters, in a total area of 57 hectares between the Seine River and Bois de Boulogne.
For Rodrigo José Crespo de Araújo, director of Bysteel, it is a great privilege to be a part of such an emblematic and historic project.